In all areas of theDemocratic Republic of the Congo, the human rights record remained poor. and numerous serious abuses were committed.Unlawful killings,disappearances,torture,rape, andarbitrary arrest and detentionby security forces increased during the year, and the transitional government took few actions to punish violators. Harsh and life-threatening conditions in prison and detention facilities; prolonged pretrial detention; lack of an independent and effective judiciary; and arbitrary interference withprivacy, family, and home also remained serious problems.
Security forces continued to recruit and retainchild soldiersand to compelforced labourby adults and children.
Our interventions in Human Rights include:
- Promotion of the Universal Human Rights as par the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the United Nations Human Rights instruments
- Capacity building of Civil Society organisations and Government leaders on the key natonal, Regional and International instruments of Human Rights,
- Promotion of Gender , Sexual health rights
- Provide legal assistance to victims of Human Rights Violations
- Harm reduction of people living with HIV/AIDS, TB and People who use Drugs.
- Campaigns related to promotion of Human Rights
- Lobby and Advocate for Policy reforms